Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Mother Who Dreams

“All your children will be taught by the Lord. And they will have much peace”
(Isaiah 54:13, International Children’s Bible)

I'll never forget the day my friend called me "the mother of dreams." I was discouraged; She was cheering me up. She meant it as if I was the mother of her dreams. Yet, I heard it as what I am, a "mother who dreams."

I know all the times I want to do right and fail. I think about all the times I plan to be kind and explode instead. I remember all the times I want to impart wisdom and love, but I turn into a hormonal mess. But I am a "mother who dreams" because I dream of a better life for my children. A life full of love and good things, where harmony abounds, including wisdom to help through the pain that is a part of life in the real world.
Emotional scars that I have unconsciously inflicted will be healed. Family divisions will be a thing of the past. Forgiveness and peace will overcome bitterness.
A mother will always dream big things for her children!

Psalm 31:3-4 "For Thou art my rock and my fortress; for Thy name's sake Thou wilt lead me and guide me. Thou wilt pull me out of the net which they have secretly laid for me; for Thou art my strength."

No comments:

Post a Comment