Monday, January 16, 2012

I Have a Dream, too

An old poem revisited: A Mother who Dreams


Will I ever have the family

Of my dreams

Or will I forever be

As my friend called me

A mother who dreams?



I’ll never forget the day

I was discouraged.

She was cheering me up

She meant it in a special way, as if I was the mother of her dreams, a prayer warrior, faithful and kind.

Yet I, knowing myself as I do, struggling at times to just keep my sanity,

heard it as what I truly am,

a “mother who dreams.”



I dream of sanity in our lives instead of chaos.

I dream of peace and right standing with God for all my children and grandchildren.

I dream of testimonies given of overcoming by God’s grace and the mercy He lavishes upon us each day.

I dream of happiness, wholeness and health.

I dream of restored relationships.I dream of learning to go down a different path and being happy to stay on it, instead of falling in the dark pits of familiarity.

And I dream of the day that all my children will be taught of the Lord and great will be the peace of my children

Heal our hearts, Lord

And may my dreams come true.


Donna Collins Tinsley

I dream and yet every day I am also doing this:

“I emptied myself of all my old ideas of what my life should be.” (From the al-anon book Discovering Choices)
Click on the link to see Dr. Martin Luther King
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBx4vPr27fo&feature=related

No comments:

Post a Comment