Saturday, April 28, 2012

Donna Trivia and this and that scriptures


Donna trivia: 24 years ago I was in a labor and delivery room all day long birthing my second daughter, Amber. That was a long day! There are 21 years difference between Amber and my daughter Regina. My body was in real shock after that birth although I did it drug-free without so much as an Advil; walked the halls of Holmes Hospital in Melbourne, FL all day long. I was really hungry afterwards. Ate my supper right there in the delivery room. Bill went home and ate a whole pizza by himself, you know all that coaching really worked up an appetite for him. I can still hear him saying in a sing-song voice, "Push, Push, push, like your are going to the bathroom!"
I get really quiet during labor but another woman might have slapped him:)
I would have to say that Amber is the most complex of my daughters:) Prayed eight years for her to come so the Lord must have a mighty purpose for her:) 

A  much wanted and prayed for daughter 
M ysterious as her crystal blue eyes
B eautiful as the jewel she was named after
E namored with Ryan, may they live happily ever after 
R are and resilient; may the Lord make all her dreams come true


Isaiah 64:4 "For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him.The Bible being at the top of my must-read list: 
Prayer to Be Reckoned With from James 5:13-20 Are you hurting? Pray. Do you feel great? Sing. Are you sick? Call the church leaders together to pray and anoint you with oil in the name of the Master. Believing-prayer will heal you, and Jesus will put you on your feet. And if you've sinned, you'll be forgiven—healed inside and out. 
Make this your common practice: Confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you can live together whole and healed. The prayer of a person living right with God is something powerful to be reckoned with. Elijah, for instance, human just like us, prayed hard that it wouldn't rain, and it didn't—not a drop for three and a half years. Then he prayed that it would rain, and it did. The showers came and everything started growing again. 
My dear friends, if you know people who have wandered off from God's truth, don't write them off. Go after them. Get them back and you will have rescued precious lives from destruction and prevented an epidemic of wandering away from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment