Friday, June 28, 2013

Ready to be the Word of Healing to Someone?

Have you ever felt like you wanted to feel more "power" when you prayed? Have you ever wanted to be the one to have the healing touch that transforms the blind, lame or afflicted? Once when I prayed for a homeless person, the next time I saw him he said he had felt heat come through my prayer or touch. It seemed to have made a profound memory for him, but I didn't feel anything like that myself. I have always wanted to, though. I know when the lady healed by touching Jesus' garment reached out it is said that He felt virtue go forth from Him and healing power. "But Jesus said, "Someone deliberately touched me, for I felt healing power go out from me." May I say to you reading this blog that many of you have touched me deeply with your heartbreaking stories. I only wish that I had the healing power to help each one of you. You do have my heartfelt prayers for mercy and relief and comfort from our Lord.
 
 Today I read in Job 29:15-17:
 "I was eyes to the blind,
And I was feet to the lame.
 I was a father to the poor,
And I searched out the case that I did not know.
 I broke the fangs of the wicked,
And plucked the victim from his teeth."
 
I wish my life had this impact that Job's had in his lifetime. No, I don't really want to attain to what is commonly called, "The sufferings of Job" although there have been many times that I have felt a kindred spirit with that suffering. The key verse that stood out to me, was "I broke the fangs of the wicked, And plucked the victim from his teeth." 
 
I am thinking about young people today and the trap that the enemy has put before so many, a subtle but evil trap of addiction. It may have started of legitimately with a prescription from a doctor, it may have started off by peer pressure and it may have seemed cool at the time. But they don't realize they are in the fangs of the enemy and it can be deadly. To a twenty-year-old life holds no fears, death is something far off. But it is true as said recently by my oldest daughter, that "Cemeteries are full of twenty-year-old people who thought they would not die." Facebook pages are filled with stories written by the still grieving parents of many of these young, seemingly invincible adult children who took one drug, one time too many.
My prayer today is that many will, through prayer, go into the enemy's camp and deliver those who are in the fangs of the wicked. Their very life may depend on it.

2 comments: