Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Fast Freddie is a Winner



Fast Freddie by Lee Ann Mancini is a delightful book with wonderful illustrations that will appeal to the pre-K to first grade age child.
In this day and age that we live in, we need good reading material that gives life lessons to our children and grandchildren. This book teaches compassion when we encounter those who might look different or be different. It is true and sadly so, that children can be cruel to their classmates. But as the Fast Freddie  book so beautifully shows they can change their minds and be encouraging to the one that is different. They may find out that they may have things in common.
Part of the proceeds of this book goes to charities that minister to the needs of children. I like that. The author and illustrator are both very well qualified and did a wonderful collaboration.
The last page was my favorite with the encouragement to say your prayers and also the little game that will cause the reader to go back through the book for something that I entirely missed first reading.
I give Fast Freddie five stars.
I received a Review Copy from the publisher through BookCrash. The opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment