Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Posting my book review of a new children's book by Lee Ann Mancini


"What a Bragger!" written by Lee Ann Mancini, and illustrated by Dan Sharp, is a five star children's book and part of the Adventures of the Sea Kids Series. I think everyone has known a child who brags in their life, and your young child will identify with the feelings that the fish characters have towards the bragger.

As so often happens we find out that the one who is bragging is not the one who has the most but the one who needs the most. I love how the story played out when the other fish became more compassionate toward the bragger, Melissa.

The artistry both in words and illustrations was beautiful and it surely lends a lesson to children. There is always a challenge at the end of Lee Ann's books, it seems and I find myself enjoying looking for the sign of the fish within the pages.

Bragging, tears, learning to share and joy make this a wonderful book to have on hand for your small children and grandchildren. I’m becoming a sure fan of this series and I think this book makes a great gift.


 I received a Review Copy from the publisher through BookCrash. The opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment