Monday, September 21, 2015

Another Profile of a War Room Warrior

Praying for families, today. It's all in the blog:
We, at the Port Orange Winning Women Bible study called her Aunt Lora and the movie "The War Room" sent me to the memory banks of my soul.

She warred in the spirit way before a movie such as the War Room was ever thought of.  She was a once illiterate woman but the Lord Himself taught her the words of scripture and although she had no formal education she could quote verses to set your heart on fire. She could teach, she could preach and it was all by the Holy Spirit.

I had the privilege of washing her feet when she was about 95 years old. Her walk in this world had been long and hard. She had lived in the days of having no civil rights and many injustices. When the Lord sent me, He gave me specific scriptures to read. We had a wonderful time of fellowship, prayer and praise. She said to me when I came in, “Do whatever the Lord told you to do, I know He sent you, girl.” This experience bonded us together in a way that I would not have imagined. Now that she has passed on I will always treasure the privilege I was given to minister to her.  

 Oh, how I would love to be with her one more time as the main character in the movie so reminded me of her. Yes, go see The War Room, but remember He is as near as a silent prayer for help. Anywhere, any time.
Don't miss this song by Steven Curtis Chapman and scenes from the movie:



Sometimes we forget that our Lord is still in the miracle business. Sometime I forget that God still can come in at the last second and redeem a situation, He wars for us. Broken and weak that we may be,  He hears our cry for help and relief, before and behind us, He goes before the Father when we fall on our knees like a warrior.

 I loved "The War Room" movie but my only concern is that now people think a prayer closet is like a magic potion; if we have one, if we post pages of prayers, that is the key to getting our answer, please remember the key is Jesus and what He did on the cross for us. When we accept Him we have access to the very throne of God. He Himself intercedes for us what an awesome thought. Praise His holy name, Jesus is the key to the War Room and He has the key to my heart today and every day as we pray and wait. Speak His name there is power in His name and plead the blood of Jesus over every dark work of the enemy in your life. 
Trust me, I know older women in the Lord who warred in their prayer closets long before this movie and besides Aunt Lora, Anita Smith just took the word of God serious when she read this verse, " But thou, when thou prayest, enter into thy closet, and when thou hast shut thy door, pray to thy Father which is in secret; and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly." (Matthew 6:6 KJV) She enters her closet every morning and her prayers have helped many a mom press on. I honor her walk with the Lord today.  
Warring for families, today in prayer at Somebody's Mother Online Prayer Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/119408188089314/
My blog, you're welcome to sign up:

http://thornrose7.blogspot.com/2015/09/another-profile-of-war-room-warrior.html

 You don't want to miss this post from Lana Vawser:

No comments:

Post a Comment