Friday, April 19, 2019

A Letter to Somebody’s Mother, or Sister or Daughter


A Letter to Somebody’s Mother, or Sister or Daughter 


Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let bitterness steal your sweetness.  
IAIN S. THOMAS  from TENDING DANDELIONS


“If it’s not kind or helpful, I won’t say it. If I can’t make the world and the people around me a better place, I can, at least, not make it worse."
 SANDY SWENSON from TENDING DANDELIONS



Today as I thought about many mothers, sisters, or daughters among us, thoughts of so many of y’all nearly overwhelmed me. I so wish sometimes when we pray, that we would always have the perfect answer in the way that makes everyone happy. Sadly, we don’t always get that “happily ever after” answer but we can always pray that the Lord do what He knows is the very best for the person. 


I thought back to when I felt led to create the Somebody’s Mother Online Prayer Support Group, and how it was just me and one other mother, Beverly Collins. Look what the Lord has done! It was created only as a prayer support group, because that’s what the Lord called me to do. Pray and whenever possible to walk alongside with those hurting mothers, sisters or daughters. 


At some point if you’re a woman, you’ve been one of those, maybe all three. We want to hold you up before the Lord when you think you can’t put one foot in front of the other to do the next best thing. We want you to find the peace that passes all understanding. We want you to find Jesus as your source and answer.


As a little girl, I was drawn early to the Lord. He has always been with me, even when I wasn’t always fully with Him. A few years back someone asked my brother, Charles, “How’s your sister, the rock?” Trust me, I’m not the rock but He is THE ROCK. He rocks my world with lovingkindness in the very worst situations because only HE CAN!


I guess the reason I’m writing this today is to say, I’m feeling you, sisters and moms. I’m feeling the mom who lost a child, I’m feeling the mom who can’t provide for her children, I’m feeling the mom who thinks she’s failed her child and that things are really bad right now. I wish I could make all things new. I can only point you to Jesus. He will be all things to you, when no one else can give that word of comfort. His Word will revive you; His word will guide you; His love renews you.


So, it’s Friday and as we pray for the unspoken requests today, the ones we can’t articulate to others; the Lord knows the desires of our hearts as we lay them before Him.  


“You keep track of all my sorrows.
You have collected all my tears in your bottle.
      You have recorded each one in your book.
“(NLT) Psalm 56:8


Yes, we will cry on this earth. HE SEES! He will not forget you. He will wipe away all tears one day. Tears and prayers are precious to Him. So are you! LOVE, HOPE AND PRAYERS, DONNA COLLINS TINSLEY, A SISTER AMONG YOU


No comments:

Post a Comment