Saturday, September 7, 2019

This and That about Recovery Books


Today when I was reading Pam Lanhart’s devotional book, PRAYING OUR LOVED ONE HOME, the page titled, DRINK DEEPLY had a beautiful story of healing and redemption. The phrase she used that struck me was “sober and totally wrecked for Jesus.” How many of us are still praying for that miracle, the one where your loved one is sober and totally wrecked or sold out for Jesus and serving Him with their whole heart? I can tell you it’s a daily prayer for many a mother or grandmother. So many times, when I’m reading Pam’s or Sandy Swenson’s books, I want to take a picture of whole pages and post them. Because I understand an author’s copyright, I try to restrain myself and just use a quote here or there. I’m always grateful to find a post from them or another recovery-minded person to share. I recently blogged about several books that help me through the day, of course the chief one being the WORD OF THE LORD, my Bible.



So, today, since I wasn’t able to get to my home group meeting on Thursday as Aryel was still home from school, I’m hitting a meeting. Hoping to find some new serenity, strength and hope along the way.



I’m leaving you with two quotes from TENDING DANDELIONS:



“I will never give up on you. I know you must walk your own path, in your own time, to seek recovery. So, for now I will do the only thing I can: love you.”



“Grant me the serenity to accept the one I cannot change, the courage to change the one I can and the wisdom to know it’s me.”



https://thornrose7.blogspot.com/2019/04/blogging-about-books-today.html



Perhaps you have a favorite Recovery book you’d like to share with others?

No comments:

Post a Comment