Tuesday, October 15, 2019

HE CAN MAKE YOU GLAD!


Sometimes, I go back and reread things that I wrote that shows me where I was at a certain season or timeframe of life, or helps me to press on. This is part of a 2010 message with a verse that has given me much encouragement.





I love these verses in Psalm 90, I was so astounded that the Lord would actually take the days of pain and affliction that we have gone through and make us happy according to them.

Is it possible that He would give joy as He allowed sorrow? Isn't that the premise of Romans 8:28 when it is said that He will work all things to our good? He can make us glad! He not only makes us glad but in proportion to how much we’ve been afflicted with pain and suffering.


What encouraging words and what a wonderful prayer to pray; make us glad according to the days wherein thou hast afflicted us, and the years wherein we have seen evil. (ASV)

Oh that the Lord would fill us with love and joy as we seek Him in the morning. It truly would give us a song to sing and a story to tell to our families and friends. How many of us want to proclaim His greatness to our children and grandchildren? Most of us do and we can by reminding them of these precious words from the Psalms.

It’s okay to ask the Lord to treat us well and give us success. In my life I have felt afflicted with abuses, hurt and losses but I can prevail by focusing on the good that will come eventually. If I had not endured these things, I would not be the person I am today. I was on the road to being a spoiled brat as a young girl and then my world was rocked by pain and I learned to look outside of myself.



 I learned that others are more important than myself, early on. I learned about self-sacrifice from a mother who worked so many hours a week at forty-five cents an hour for years just to feed her children as my sweet Mama did. I learned that my brothers and sister were overcomers in life, as they just did what they could to enjoy what little we had. We all learned that we had a lot more than many others. We learned to share what we had and that it is not material things that count but strength, maturity and kindness that will prevail all the days the Lord gives us. We learned family and friends are more important than having a perfect life.


I know my message may be different than most people's, but I guess the slant He gives me fits some families. You know: the dysfunctional, but trying ones, the funny, but forgiven ones, and the once hopeless but now Hope-filled ones! To God be the Glory! Affliction to gladness; it's the way of the Cross and the way our own Savior took. I believe it is the answer to the question that I ask often of the Lord; “Show me how to live?” This day and every day satisfy us early with Your mercy,
That we may rejoice and be glad all our days!

Donna Collins Tinsley


Two songs concerning gladness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqkW19B0d3g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ytE8um04l24

No comments:

Post a Comment