Tuesday, October 19, 2021

The psalm that is getting me through the days

 The psalm that is getting me through the days:

This psalm has been my “go to” verses during this time of recuperation from knee surgery. In the midst of my recovery something else started going on with me that made it nearly impossible for me to eat or have energy. It might’ve been from my being anemic and all the iron I was prescribed to take. I’m just now starting to get my appetite back. Right after my surgery Bill had his birthday and I remember listening to his birthday song from my sickbed and thinking maybe this is how it is in heaven, knowing what is going on but not being a participant. Then I had to really fight a depression that tried to overtake me and make me want to leave the earth. I know that sounds bad but it was where I was at for a bit. But for the Lord my God. I thought about quality of life, I thought about the pain issues, I thought about the hard work to get my knee back in shape and wasn’t sure I had it in me. There are always some family hurts that seem to be on my mind, and I feel the pain of those with overwhelming life issues. Yet, my main thought is FOR THIS WE HAVE JESUS, and JESUS PLEASE DO WHAT IS THE VERY BEST FOR MY LOVED ONES.

Although I had plenty of time, there was no inspiration to write and now my regular computer seems to have died. My back-up seems to have left some files out, so once again, I’ve lost work that can’t really be replaced. But listening to Facebook church broadcasts, and WAPN, sending prayer requests to PRAYERLINE, reading daily Bible and daily devotions such as Suzi Yelvington’s books, have helped me press on. And thoughts of my children and grandchildren.

 Psalm 116 THE PASSION TRANSLATION

I am passionately in love with God because he listens to me.
    He hears my prayers and answers them.
 As long as I live I’ll keep praying to him,
    for he stoops down to listen to my heart’s cry.
Death once stared me in the face,
    and I was close to slipping into its dark shadows.
    I was terrified and overcome with sorrow.
 I cried out to the Lord, “God, come and save me!”
 He was so kind, so gracious to me.
    Because of his passion toward me,
    he made everything right and he restored me.
So I’ve learned from my experience
    that God protects the vulnerable.
    For I was broken and brought low,
    but he answered me and came to my rescue!


Now I can say to myself and to all,
    “Relax and rest, be confident and serene,
    for the Lord rewards fully those who simply trust in him.” God has rescued my soul from death’s fear
    and dried my eyes of many tears.
    He’s kept my feet firmly on his path
and strengthened me so that I may please him
[a]
    and walk before Yahweh in his fields of life.


Even when it seems I’m surrounded
    by many liars and my own fears,
    and though I’m hurting in my suffering and trauma,
    I still stay faithful to God and speak words of faith.

 So now, what can I ever give back to God
    to repay him for the blessings he’s poured out on me? I will lift up his cup of salvation and praise him extravagantly
    for all that he’s done for me.
 I will fulfill the promise I made to God
    in the presence of his gathered people.


 When one of God’s holy lovers dies,
    it is costly to the Lord, touching his heart. Lord, because I am your loving servant,
    you have broken open my life and freed me from my chains.
 Now I’ll worship you passionately and bring to you
    my sacrifice of praise, drenched with thanksgiving! I’ll keep my promise to you, God,
    in the presence of your gathered people, just like I said I would.
 I will worship you here in your living presence,
    in the temple in Jerusalem.
    I will worship and sing hallelujah, for I praise you, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment