Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thorns, Roses and the Rock

Abe Lincoln said, “We can complain that rose bushes have thorns, or we can rejoice that thorn bushes have roses." Once in a time of prayer and prophecy Brother Steve Scheffler said I was a rose whose thorns would prick the hearts of men. Although I feel I write mainly for women those words have always been in my heart. I realized once again today that my “father vacuum” that pain of not really knowing my paternal family roots, likes to show itself at the oddest times, to try to get me down and make me feel as if I was an abandoned child. Yet on the other hand I know deeply in my heart that the relationship I have with my Abba Father could never have been as strong if I had an earthy father meet that need. The path for me was abandonment by my real father, not knowing grandparents on that side, abuses by men and then a slow gradual healing as I cried out to the Lord from early childhood. I sought him in tears, in frustrations, in crazy situations and more. He was there for me and always will be my Rock and Fortress
.
The Rock and Me
I am a rock
But not a fortress
A mighty One
I lean on
He is my Rock
And comforting arm
Presiding, watching
Keeping from harm
A long road
With many turns
Pits, caves and snares

We rock together
Jesus and me
Through tears and pain
Two Rocks are we.

Donna Collins Tinsley written a long time ago, when I found out someone asked my brother, Charles, “How is your sister, the rock?”

No comments:

Post a Comment