Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Kitchen Praise

Isn’t it funny when you think you have your week planned and then everything changes? One of the hardest things for those who know they have control issues is change of plans. Oh to be as free and flexible as those fully controlled by His spirit is my prayer.
Yet, the other night after what felt like one of the longest days of my life, I found myself dancing to the Lord in my kitchen. Since the kitchen seems to be the room I am usually in for some reason, it can also sometimes become a dance floor, as I get lost in the beauty of music. I picture myself dancing before the Lord in His throne room. I don’t have choreographed steps or know real sign language that is so beautiful when I see other, more professional and skilled dancers, but I know He gets the message of love that I am trying to send Him, my Lord and my God; the true father of my life.

My Kitchen Time

I stand before Your throne, Lord
In this little kitchen of mine
I stand in Your throne room
In the mirror of my mind

I worship You here
With dance and praise
I give you glory
All my days
Before You only
I can be so free
Because for this
You created me
O love the Lord always
Come daily to Him
With thanks and praise
He will carry you
Through painful days
He will show you the miracles
And secrets
Of His ways
For He is our Father
And is worthy of our praise.
Donna Collins Tinsley

No comments:

Post a Comment