Monday, March 7, 2011

Florida Christian Writer's Conference and me

Just got home from the Florida Christian Writer's Conference yesterday! I can't even begin to express the grateful heart I have to the Lord for His favor and mercy for me to attend. I will be blogging and writing more as soon as I can, but for now all I can say is: awesome! Especially Dr. Calvin Miller who restores my faith in mankind by his very presence, his love for his wife, his father-heart, humor, wit and the way he has with words! I have never heard someone who can cover so many different subjects in such unique ways; I both laughed and cried.
Mark Mynheir moved my soul with his Fiction Workshop and I am in awe of his teaching ability and kindness to me, someone who has never written fiction before. I don't have time right now to say how much I enjoyed being among such a group of dedicated people because of course, I have been gone 4 days and need to reconnect with my family. It was so good to see their faces when I returned.

Everyone I met and connected with captured my heart from lovely Elizabeth Miller and Chaplain Barbara at the front desk to the faculty, other writers and many prayer warriors. I brought home prayer requests for many people and am grateful for those who agreed to pray for me.

But many thanks to Billie Wilson who puts on the best conference around, and also Anitra and REACH FM! You Rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment