Sunday, May 22, 2011

Can you name "One Thousand Gifts" from God?

I am reading this book by Ann Voskamp and love it. To be able to articulate words so beautifully is a dream of mine. Hopefully as we read books of this caliber we get fuel for our own fire. Lord Jesus give me Your flames of fire to write to inspire others and I will give you all the glory and credit as Ann has. What a work of art she is!


From Ann Voskamp, questions many who hurt ask:

Really, when you bury a child---or where you just simply get up every day and live life raw---you murmur the question soundlessly, No one hears, Can there be a good God? A God who graces with good gifts when a crib lies empty through long nights and bugs burrow through coffins? Where is God, really? How can He be good when babies die, and marriages implode, and dreams blow away, dust in the wind? Where is grace bestowed when cancer gnaws and loneliness aches and nameless places within us soundlessly die, break off without reason, erode away. Where hides this joy of the Lord, this God who fills the earth with good things and how do I fully live when life is full of hurt? How do I wake up to joy and grace and beauty and all that is the fullest life when I must stay numb to losses and crushed dreams and all that empties me out? One Thousand Gifts:


http://www.aholyexperience.com/ann-voskamp/

}

No comments:

Post a Comment