Wednesday, August 15, 2012

You don’t know the cost of the oil in my alabaster box


My friend on Facebook, Sharron Knight Cosby wrote a beautiful post called, The Alabaster Box. (http://efamilyrecovery.com/?p=160)
The oil in our alabaster box is costly to us and to the Lord. It was no small sacrifice for Him to leave the beauty and majesty of heaven for us. The only thing He asks from us is praise and worship, even in the hard and sometimes dry times. Oh, can we praise Him in the pain of Life? Can we say as He said in the garden, not My will by Yours, Lord? Can we have renewed hope as our alabaster box is broken and shattered that the oil of love and forgiveness might be poured out upon those who hurt us? He sees each tear, He knows each heartache, He is our only comforter and Healer. Love him people, with pure love. Adore His Holy Spirit and let us walk towards His plan. We have to yield when we don't understand His ways that it will all work out in the end and there is enough love to go around, when it is His love. Lord, we release whatever we are holding on to that is not Your will for us; asking that You will make us reasonably happy in this life and supremely happy with You forever in the next.
This is one of my favorite lines from the song, and it is true that no one knows exactly what is in our hearts but the Lord. We all have her stories and they all are legitimate, The truth is the Lord is the only one who can truly validate and help heal what we feel inside, the things we are going through.
 “You weren’t there the night He found me. You did not feel what I felt when he wrapped his love all around me, and you don’t know the cost of the oil in my alabaster box.”http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdrBB0yb-Mo

The Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.
(Although known most widely in its abbreviated form above,
the entire prayer reads as follows...)

Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
as it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
if I surrender to His Will;
That I may be reasonably happy in this life
and supremely happy with Him
Forever in the next.
Amen. Reinhold Niebuhr

No comments:

Post a Comment