Thursday, October 2, 2014

I Will always be known as a Sister Among You, just Somebody's Mother


I wasn't sure about posting this but it was a wonderful opportunity to share in the community. My husband, Bill videotaped with the phone me reading some of my poems at Florida Recovery Saturday night.

I dedicated the poems to my daughter, Regina Hix, who is over six years clean, sober and helping others now:) She takes meetings into jails, institutions and recovery rehabs whenever possible besides working full time and helping her husband run a new business. The Lord was so faithful to answer my prayers that she would not die on the streets of Daytona. I am very proud of her. Praise the good Lord, Hope is always in front of us.

 I want to thank all of those wonderful people who worked so hard to make this event possible, they are too many to name personally but Vicki Kress and Pastor Monzell D. Ford especially.
They did a great and awesome job. The talent show was incredible and the poem by the winner of last year's show was amazing. Recovery is alive and well in the State of Florida!

Click here if you want to see the video:  https://vimeo.com/107531545?utm_source=email&utm_medium=clip-transcode_complete-finished-20120100&utm_campaign=7701&email_id=Y2xpcF90cmFuc2NvZGVkfGFjYTJhODUxNTM2NjI5NDZjM2M2ZjQwNTA4YjM5OWM1MjAyfDMyODI4MTQ3fDE0MTIwMzE3MTR8NzcwMQ%3D%3D

No comments:

Post a Comment