Wednesday, June 24, 2015

No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug; Great Idea for a Bible Study from Christine Tate


Christine Tate did a great job on her book, The No-Homework Women’s Bible Study: Group Hug. First I must say, I loved the title and that would hook me as I don’t think anyone likes homework, even adults. If a Bible teacher starts saying homework, I feel like I have enough work to do at home and start thinking of ways to leave. I do my own personal Bible study work as I feel led. There are optional personal challenges but they seemed doable without a lot of stress.

The book starts off with a group contact phone and email address page which I thought was very handy. Then Christine describes how to use this study book.

The format is as follows:
*15 Minute Ice Breaker
* 10 Minute Lesson
* 30 Minute Discussion Questions
* 5 Minute Closing Prayer

The ground rules are very important and “what’s shared in group, stays in group” is important. I’ve found that rule in many groups that I belong to and it is comforting to have privacy with personal matters that you may be praying for together.

There are other similar titles such as Group Hug 11, 111, Holidays, Marriage which look interesting as ending up with Week Eight Financial Help, left me feeling a lack of closure for something as personal as a Group Hug. I was looking for something more to end with, I think, maybe some words of affirmation and encouragement.

But all in all after it’s finished, I say, consider yourself hugged. Thanks Christine Tate for a job well done.
I give it five stars as an easy Bible study guide. I received a Review Copy from the publisher through BookCrash. The opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255

You can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/The-No-Homework-Womens-Bible-Study-ebook/dp/B00EI3WZFI/ref=cm_cr_pr_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8


No comments:

Post a Comment