Wednesday, December 9, 2015

The Southern Saga continues with Every Girl Gets Confused




Every Girl Gets Confused is the second book in Janice Thompson’s Brides with Style series.

You'll find the old favorite characters with the addition of a romantic interest  for Aunt Alva of all people. I had thought Katie and Brady were a done deal as far as romance went so I was a little confused myself at first. Then the cute turn of events when the story focused on her grandmother getting married and the showers, dress and of course, the Cosmopolitan Bridal Store. All this love with seniors is kinda a new twist in romance novels and the ooh-la-la shower for a bride in her eighties was a sight to behold. All the changes in the family, the ongoing small town happenings at the Dairy Queen and the churches kept me turning pages. There was another beautiful story interwoven also of another couple planning their wedding amidst a family feud, too.

There were some serious issues touched on, such as the many and varied seasons of our lives. One of my favorite quotes from the book is where Katie says, "I'm not constant, Jane. I'm not. But God is. And if I've learned anything, it's that I can trust him in the seasons. When things are hard, I always tell myself, 'It's winter but springtime is coming.' Because if you think about it, spring always comes. Even when dreams are dying or relationships are ending, springtime is coming. So we can't give up."
I also loved the beginning quotes either by or about Doris Day. Many in this new generation may not even know who she is, so that was very cool.

Janice is fast becoming one of my favorite authors  and her tagline, "Love, Laughter, and Happily Ever Afters!" promises a pleasant journey, especially if you're like me, and love a little fiction vacation out of this world when times get tough.

Looking forward to the next book!


I was given a copy of this novel through Revell as I am on their book review team. In return I was delighted to give an honest review of the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment