Sunday, November 1, 2020

Prayers for Prodigals: 90 Days of Prayer for Your Child by James Banks (Author)

 

Prayers for Prodigals: 90 Days of Prayer for Your Child by James Banks (Author)

 

When I finished reading Hope Lies Ahead: Encouragement for Parents of Prodigals from a Family That's Been There by James and Geoffrey Banks, I knew the next book I would be reading is the one I’m reviewing right now. In fact, I’ve read it once and am reading it again, and will probably keep it as part of my daily devotional books; it’s that beautiful. I couldn’t wait and do it a day at a time for 90 days, I consumed and savored the beauty of the words and the prayers. I could feel the pain, the sincerity and the love of these poignant scripture-filled prayers.

I do believe prayer is one of the best and most concrete things we can do for our loved ones. I loved that there were both prayers for sons and daughters, although I hated that their family, like many others have had more than one prodigal. I believe prayer is a working tool towards family recovery and this family knows it well.

I’ve taken this book with me to small group meetings where people have been blessed by the prayers within as well as to the radio station PRAYERLINE (WAPN FM, 91.5 HOLLY HILL, FL) after being given gracious permission to read as needed on the air.

This book is a Christian classic! I have to agree with Franklin Graham, his mother would’ve loved this book, just as so many of us have loved her “prodigal” book.

Donna Collins Tinsley

No comments:

Post a Comment