Saturday, February 19, 2011

Of Roses, Thorns and the Pain of Blooming

‎"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom." ~Anais Nin
I love the above quote and wish I had written it! Years ago a friend who moves in prophecy said I was a rose whose thorns would prick the hearts of men. My goal is to be a sweet fragrance of the Lord but if I have to prick some hearts along the way to get the truth out, it is in God’s hands. We hope that His offer of love and support for our lives and the lives of our loved ones wiill get through and they will see for themselves that we can’t run from what He created us for. To give Him glory.
Some weeks seem harder than others. When those you love are hurting, when people you love unexpectanlty end up in the hospital, when it started off with one daughter in an accident, from last Friday until today seemed a bit long. Amber was operated on for back problems when she was just 18 and being rear-ended was no help in that department. Bill lives with chronic pain and the VA is very slow in helping.

Many problems in our extended family and being so far away from them makes me sad, that I can’t be there and give them a hug or comfort.
I’ve found that music is balm for the soul and I recommend playing happy songs, soulful songs, hippie songs and most of all songs of praise to our Lord, Jesus Christ.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW_3kHHvk8M&feature=fvwrel
Sometimes we hurt so much for those we love that all we can do is weep with them and then pray. So, that is what I will do; I will agree to pray and love and press on. Why don’t you join me?

No comments:

Post a Comment