Saturday, September 15, 2012

Got Love Handles? Get this book:)

This is the kind of email I love to receive: "Your story has made it to the final selection round for Not Your Mother’s Book . . . On Being a Woman. The book is slated for release on Tuesday, October 9, 2012."


A lot of you don't know that I write humor because most of my life story has been pretty painful, with a lot of ups and downs. But the Lord has been so good to me, and if you were to spend time with me, a lot of people say I make them laugh. "Got Love Handles?' is the title and the neat thing about this story and the publication of it, is that I didn't approve the edits that didn't fit in with my voice or ethics and I found favor with the publisher advocating for me. We were able to agree on the final edit rather than me withdraw the story. I found it a pleasure to work with Dahlynn McKowen, the CEO and Publisher. Of course I know that my true favor came from the Lord and although my first thought was to withdraw the story, I felt that He prodded me on. When I wrote this email back to Dahlyne about the story changes, "I would so love to be in your compilation but also have to be true to myself as far as my voice and if you knew me you would know that I am very much a “PG rated” Southern, sister among you. But I realize this market is NYMB so if I could have a few days to work on it and get back to you, I would appreciate it," they were very receptive.

They describe the books as "edgy, hip, different, modern," but there will be at least one story in that will be "G" rated or PG at the most:) That would be mine. I hope I make you smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment