Thursday, September 27, 2012

What is the Constant Image in Your Mind? Let it be Jesus

They say the battle is in our minds and that is so true. We give our problems "free rent' sometimes and we need to realize that those lingering doubts, concerns and worries will only bring us down. We really do have to think on the good things of above or we will go under. Love, hope and prayers, every day in every way to all that visit this page. We hope your prayers feel safe and uplifted here.


I have a lot of devotionals that haven't been published, so at times I will post them online:
A Constant Image

In the front of my mind
In the back of my mind,
To the left and to the right,
There’s an image of a man on a cross. (by Dallas Holm)
These are the words to a song written by Dallas Holm that really moved my spirit. This is how I want to live my life, with the Lord in the front of my mind and in the back of my mind. As I go to the left or the right, may his image never leave me. May this picture in my mind help me to walk differently in the world I live in. I need to walk worthy of the calling God has put on me. Let me walk in a way that would not shame the one who is my Lord and Master. Jesus was born in a stable---yet He is the King of Glory.
He lived a simple life. He amazed His mother, confounded his neighborhood, (could anything good come from Nazareth?) called together a group of outcasts to disciple and write about His story.

He carried a heavy cross on which He was crucified for my sins and yours, years before we were ever conceived. He knew what pain was like. He understood how it felt to be rejected by friends and family alike. He wept. He understood what it was like to lose a loved one. But for the joy set before Him, he endured the cross. That joy was giving life to us.

Prayer: Lord, please keep the picture of what You did on the cross for us, ever before us.
Thought: What I allow myself to think on may control my day for good.

Focus: The Cross of Christ and his compassion towards His body of believers.

Scripture: For my part, I am going to boast about nothing but the Cross of our Master, Jesus Christ. Because of that Cross, I have been crucified in relation to the world, set free from the stifling atmosphere of pleasing others and fitting into the little patterns that they dictate. Galatians 6:14 The Message
Donna Collins Tinsley



2 comments:

  1. Very nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and wanted to say that I've truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts. In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I hope you write again very soon!
    My web page :: ereaders

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the kind comment. Love, hope and prayers every day in every way:)

    ReplyDelete