Wednesday, March 20, 2013

I Became a Zumba Mama Yesterday!

After attending Florida Christian Writer’s Conference I am finding it hard to get back on a blogging track. A lot of little dilemmas just seem to keep me playing catch up. Yesterday was a wild and crazy day with an opportunity to present a Bible Study, picking up my daughter and granddaughter afterwards for some errands, taking the van for a transmission check and ending with (at nearly 62 years of age,) my first Zumba class! Yay! I made it through without falling down or stepping on anyone else’s feet. Jacquee is a great teacher and uses it as an outreach ministry for FWC. So until I get to blogging better here is my introduction to the Bible Study I did yesterday, titled, “God’s Waiting Room.”


"Return to your fortress, o prisoners of hope, even now I announce that I will restore twice as much to you" (Zechariah 9:12, NIV)

Have you ever pondered this verse about being a prisoner of Hope? It is such a beautiful verse and the book of Zechariah has so much in it concerning hope. I want to talk about being a prisoner of Hope and also about being in "God’s Waiting Room." Many of us are in various waiting rooms of life.

I’ll never forget the day my friend called me “the mother of dreams.” We were talking on the phone at that time; I was discouraged. She was cheering me up. She meant it in a special way, as if I was the mother of her dreams, a prayer warrior, faithful and kind. Yet I, knowing myself as I do, struggling at times just keep my sanity, heard it as what I truly am, a mother who dreams.

I dream of the day when my family will be whole and delivered from all dysfunctions and addictions. I dream of sanity in our lives instead of chaos. I dream of peace and right standing with God for all my children and grandchildren. I dream of testimonies given of overcoming by God’s grace and the mercy He lavishes upon us each day. I dream of happiness, wholeness and health. I dream of restored relationships. I dream of learning to go down a different path and being happy to stay on it, instead of falling in the dark pits of familiarity. And I dream of the day that all my children will be taught of the Lord and great will be the peace of my children.
“Then you will know that I am the LORD; those who hope in me will not be disappointed." Isaiah 49:23

I’m praying that you will find being in a prison of hope is a good place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment