Monday, March 25, 2013

Wisdom to Know; A great resource for Crisis Pregnancy Centers!


Wisdom to Know by Elizabeth Maddrey may be the best book I have ever read through a Book Crash promotion. It was very well written, the characters were engaging, and the storyline drew me in immediately.

The issues, concerning abortion, addictions and forgiveness are issues that so many families wrestle with right now. There was a lot of education concerning Crisis Pregnancy Centers and the resources they have to give to the community. This is the first book in a series of books, evidently called the "Grant Us Grace" series. I can't wait to read the next one.

I do really relate to reality fiction and as far as something I would've liked included in the story, was more about the emptiness she felt after having the abortion and also the pain that her parents felt, knowing that their grandchild was aborted. The time spent in rehab was not portrayed very in-depth and I would really like to know more about what goes on in rehab. That seemed a bit brief but all in all especially with the surprise ending, I loved it. I also think with the title, there was a place that The Serenity Prayer could have been expounded on. It was because of the title and what that phrase means to me as I pray it so often that I ordered the book for review. I especially love the whole version of the prayer, by Reinhold Niebuhr:

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.


Living one day at a time;

Enjoying one moment at a time;

Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;

Taking, as He did, this sinful world

as it is, not as I would have it;

Trusting that He will make all things right

if I surrender to His Will;

That I may be reasonably happy in this life

and supremely happy with Him

Forever in the next.

Amen.

This book really portrayed a person trying to live by asking for the wisdom to know. Elizabeth Maddrey I am now a big fan of your work. Keep writing. I would love to be a pre-reader for the rest of the series.

*I received this book from BookCrash and the publisher in
exchange for my honest and fair review.

No comments:

Post a Comment