Sunday, May 7, 2017

Jed’s story, my newest book review: "Break Out: A Criminal's Journey to Eternal Freedom" Revised and Expanded Edition

"Break Out: A Criminal's Journey to Eternal Freedom" Revised and Expanded Edition

 I love how the story ends in "Break Out: A Criminal's Journey to Eternal Freedom" Revised and Expanded Edition, by Jed G. Lindstrom. The new version expands on the original writing done by Jed and Larry J Leech II. But really this story is just beginning as there are great things on the horizon for Jed and his family.

 Someone once said to me when I told them about Jed and Lets Go Ministry, “His story is just like the story of hundreds of addicts.” I didn’t have a good answer for them then, but now after reading the book, I do. I say Jed and the power of the Holy Spirit working in his life makes his story shine. And isn’t that what this world with the darkness and pain that is all around us needs? A shining light to help lead us?

Another person that met Jed said “I knew I wanted to get to know this man because something was shining from him.” I recently learned that when he first came into our town he made sandwiches and gave them out to the poor. To me, that is a beautiful act of worship to the Lord, as in Matthew 25:40: “And the King will answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.” I was familiar with some of Jed's story before I read the book, having walked the streets of Daytona with him when his ministry sponsored Motel Church a few years ago. Jed always has creative ways to spread the gospel and to reach out to those that other people might bypass.

There’s a reason that everyone that meets him wants to book him to speak. Larry J Leech II has beautifully crafted this story in his own unique and awesome way.

You’ll meet Jed through the words of this book and find out that his whole family shines! The pictures were an added bonus to getting to know this family. I especially loved the addition of how the Lord brought Jed and Erica together. There’s a lot more content and some beautiful pictures in this book. Jed started a support group meeting in the Daytona Beach area called Break Out and it has helped many people start or stay on a recovery walk.

Jed is a man who gives honor to a praying mom and this was one of my favorite paragraphs:

“I’m so thankful that I had a praying mom who would not let me go. Between the abuse I subjected my body to and dangerous situations I put myself in, I easily could have died out there. The power of God is real and active. If you are crying out to God for an addicted loved one right now and are growing weary, don’t give up! They desperately need your prayers for divine protection and for the Lord to awaken them to His call and vision for their life.”( Jed page 54)

I so related to Jed’s miracle of a reunion in chapter titled, “RESTORATION”. I’m very proud of his stand with this situation and Erica, his wife, is one of the most supportive women I’ve ever met.

This book is easy to read, keeps your attention and will be a blessing to many families. Jed writes out some helpful scriptures and The “Seven Basic Steps to Follow Jesus” at the end will help those who are struggling. Read this book then pass it along. That’s what I’m doing!
Donna Collins Tinsley

http://www.jedsbook.com/

http://www1.cbn.com/video/SAL88v1/criminal-son-finds-redemption-through-mother-rsquo-s-prayers

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment