Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Praying for Manchester, England


 
Sometimes the name of Jesus is all we have strength to pray. And in those cases, it is enough. I think that as I found out about the tragedy in Manchester, England.  Please pray for these families, unknown to me, but known to the Father. Jesus, please send strong comfort to the parents, the grandparents and all who loved those who perished. Only You can come in at a time such as this with peace. I think of all the people that I know who have empty arms and I pray, Jesus, Jesus, Jesus. I say Jesus, lover of their souls, bind their wounds and make them whole.

 I am putting lyrics and my responses to a song but for our song of the day, Only Jesus: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofNtjhUE0Zs
My comments in parenthesis.
 


 "O Love That Will Not Let Me Go

O love that will not let me go… (Thank You Jesus this is true) 

 I rest my weary soul in Thee… (We need Your rest desperately)

 I give Thee back the life I owe… (We am Yours)

 That in thine ocean depths its flow… (Don't let us drown in the ocean of tears)

 My richer, fuller be… (Yes!)


O Light that followest all my way… (Show us the bright light of Your Spirit)

 I yield my flickering torch to Thee… (Don’t let the cares of the world destroy our light)

 My heart restores its borrowed ray… (Let us reflect You)

 That in thy sunshines glow its day… (You are our bright light)

 May brighter, fairer be… (Shine, Jesus, shine)


O Joy you seek me through the pain… (Emotional pain seems constant for many)

 I cannot close my heart to thee …(Where could we go but to the Lord?)

 I trace the rainbow through the rain… (It is faint, but it is there)

 And feel the promise is not vain… (Thank You for Your promises)

 That morn shall tearless be… (A warrior's shout of praise shall come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment