Saturday, May 18, 2019

BOOK REVIEW of THE HEART OF A KING by Jill Eileen Smith


 THE HEART OF A KING by Jill Eileen Smith


This is the first novel I’ve read by the author but I have a feeling it won’t be my last. 


I love reading historical Biblical fiction and Jill made the words and people in the Bible come alive.  I love the familiarity of passages of scripture interwoven in the dialogues of Solomon and his mother and wives.


I sometimes wished he’d used his God-given wisdom in a better way as far as family relationships. Especially when he compromised the commands of the Lord. 


It was beautifully written, very descriptive and kept me turning pages.


I look forward to reading the next book by Jill. Write on!


Thanks for my complimentary copy from Revell on the author's behalf. I was under no obligation to leave a favorable review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment