Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Things I love, things I hate

 

"Every morning, I lay out the pieces of my life on your altar, and watch for fire to descend."

Things I Love, in no particular order:
I love my family and many others who “feel” like family.
I love seeing a husband and wife laugh and have fun together.
I love the innocence of children.
I love justice.
I love seeing someone care for the elderly with love.
I love when righteousness reigns in a nation.
I love seeing the smile of a homeless person, who is grateful.
I love looking at someone content with their life.
I love old memories.
I love dreams of hope.
I love kind doctors who put children first.
I love to dance!
I love all kinds of music.
I love support groups, one in particular.
I love people who pray.
I love to read.
I love my Bible.
I love books.
I love a good movie, one that is not profane.
I love going to movies, rare as that is.
I love listening to awesome, passionate speeches from the past. I have a dream, too.
I love the creativity of my Lord.
I love the LORD JESUS CHRIST and the thrill of being His child.

Things I hate:
I hate Injustice!
I hate child abuse in any form.
I hate when someone steals the innocence of a child.
I hate mean talking and profanity.
I hate that families are torn apart by unforgiveness.
I hate “hate-groups.”
I hate that it is politically correct to talk against Christians or “Christian-bash.”
I hate adultery and so does God.
I hate that people don’t really talk anymore.
I hate seeing people together but using their smartphones to communicate.
Rather than continue thinking of negative things, I’ll leave you with these thoughts:
“Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.” Philippians 4:8-9 The Message (MSG)
May you be blessed today, my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment