Sunday, January 3, 2021

Backtracking to my Christmas blog and a Happy New Year to you!

 This is not the first year that I got so busy with life or as the saying goes, "Life gets in the way of living," that I forgot to post my own Christmas note to my blog. It was a wild year on so many levels and now we are already into 2021. My Mama used to say, "Better late than never," so here it is:

It’s Christmas, Breathe and Pray; it will get you through the Day!

"I am leaving you with a gift--peace of mind and heart. And the peace I give is a gift the world cannot give. So don't be troubled or afraid. John 14:27 NLT

Everything has its wonders, even darkness and silence, and I learn, whatever state I may be in, therein be content.” Helen Keller

Life can leave you breathless or life can knock the breath out of you. Death. Overdose. Family drama. These are the types of things that knock the breath out of you.

We thought we would have more time. Death arrived.

We thought they were working their program. Overdose arrived.

We just want everyone to be happy. Family drama arrived. Just in time for the holidays.

But what are the things that leave us breathless? A baby in the family, whose smile makes life worth living. A toddler makes us laugh.  A beautiful sunrise. The Word of the Lord. A beautiful sunset. A friend’s hug. The tears of a sister or sister-in-law, grieving loss, but those tears are precious in the sight of the Lord. They are kept in a beautiful urn in heaven, where the sound of them trickling down is as a beautiful waterfall. Pause and think about these things.

THIS HAS BEEN A YEAR.  I think we all would agree about that. Perplexing, anxious perhaps, hard to figure out. Isolation has made us feel lonely. We don’t even feel like ourselves, at times, truth be told. Getting out to go to the doctor is the thrill of the day. Being together with others outside is something to look forward to. Exercise is something that is a love/hate relationship, but helpful. Comfort food has replaced friends at times. Then the results of that eating, when we see ourselves on a Zoom meeting, makes us never want to “zoom” again. Or eat. Husbands grow beards because no one notices behind the masks. Or so they think. At least they can pass as Santa Claus to the grandchildren.

Words seem shallow. Words are hard to come by. Have the days of writing, ended, I wondered if the Lord would even give me a Christmas message this year? He has always been faithful. He will be ever faithful, still. Right now, His Word through the Passion Translation is what I offer. These have been my “go to” verses for most of this year.

 

Return to us again, O God!
How much longer will it take until you show us your abundant compassion

Let the sunrise of your love end our dark night.
Break through our clouded dawn again!
Only you can satisfy our hearts,
filling us with songs of joy to the end of our days.

 We’ve been overwhelmed with grief;
come now and overwhelm us with gladness.
Replace our years of trouble with decades of delight.

Let us see your miracles again, and let the rising generation
see the glorious wonders you’re famous for.
O Lord our God, let your sweet beauty rest upon us
and give us favor.
Come work with us, and then our works will endure,
and give us success in all we do. Psalm 90:13-17 The Passion Translation

 

My Prayer

 

Let Your scent be on me

And let me carry it within

Surround me with Your Holy Spirit

Consume my body and existence

With Your burning fire

Blaze through me and

Let others feel the fire

 

Let them see You, Lord

Not me

Infuse me with Your glorious light

Stronger than the sunrise

Clear, pure, shining, purging

Light of God

 

Praising You, I will shine

This light on others

They will recognize Your Spirit

As love will overflow into

The action of doing for others

What You would

Have me do

Treating them as I would

Want to be treated

Loving until it hurts

Loving through the hurt

And then, loving more.

 

Live ready. Love well! Merry Christmas from Donna Collins Tinsley 2020

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment