Monday, January 11, 2021

THE GOODNESS OF THE LORD

 

 Today as I think about families, those who are sick and in need of a Healer, those who emotionally want to give up, those who are afraid their children will die of an overdose on the streets, those who are afraid their loved one will just decide to end it all, I pray. I pray because that is really all I can do. I yield, although sometimes I want to try to fix someone, sometimes I may even want to shake someone, I yield because letting go and letting God is the only reasonable thing that I can do. It will keep me sane in an insane world. Some of the post below I posted recently but I thought it might help someone today to focus on the goodness of the Lord.

 

When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O LORD, supported me. When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought joy to my soul. Psalm 94:18-19

The Ways of the Lord Towards Us

For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations. Psalm 100:5

His ways are good even when we can't see for the darkness. His ways are good even when they aren’t our ways. His ways are good through the valley of the shadow of death. His ways are good when we are lonely because He will come to us. His ways are good when we are struggling because He can calm the struggle. His ways are good when our children have abandoned or forsaken us (and Him) or gone astray because He is the mighty shepherd who searches for the lost one. His ways are good in pain as He is the healer. His ways are good when the road is long and the journey seems too hard to travel, for He travels with us.

 

His ways are good we will believe for this year. We can’t create, change or cure but His ways are good and He can. Think on your blessings, as that is the only way to overcome the darkness of this world. He is the light and His ways are good!

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ak0OoFBw3c

 

 Feel free to join us; we are praying over at Somebody’s Mother: https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/119408188089314/

No comments:

Post a Comment