Saturday, January 23, 2021

Saturday's prayer

 It’s Saturday and the day we focus on those families who’ve lost loved ones, maybe recently, maybe it’s been a while but grief has its own timetable. We pray for strength for the journey, comfort from the Lord and His people and for love to surround you through the numbness of coping with what must be dealt with. Jesus, lover of my soul, bind our wounds and make us whole.

Be more in me today. Show us how to live, one day at a time, giving You glory. Your love never fails, though sometime our faith does. Help us to remember that the same power that raised Jesus from the grave lives in us. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InsifiZxVXU

"Sometimes the best remedy for grief is finding some way to touch somebody else's life," says Dr. Larry Crabb.

Quote of the day from YOUR WORDS ARE POWERFUL, BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU SPEAK by Suzi Yelvington: “Pray over your God-given dream. Life goes by fast not to do what you were called to do.”
“I declare… I will start my day with prayer every day.”

A prayer read at a recent memorial of one of our mother’s:
Afterglow
By Helen Lowrie Marshall
I’d like the memory of me
To be a happy one.
I’d like to leave an afterglow
Of smiles
When life is done.
I’d like to leave an echo whispering
Softly down the ways.
Of happy times and laughing times
And bright sunny days.
I’d like the tears of those who grieve,
To dry before the sun
Of happy memories that I leave
When life is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment