Saturday, February 20, 2021

I can't get enough of Dan Walsh's novels; my review of his newest, The Longest Road

 

The Longest Road (Epic Journey Series Book 2) ** Long-Awaited Sequel to Dan’s Award-Winning Novel - The Deepest Waters **by Dan Walsh

Since The Deepest Waters was one of my all-time favorite novels, I was so excited when this book, The Longest Road came out. Dan Walsh NEVER disappoints, and his characters and the story setting in this book are some of his best.

The setting is 1857, and we saw some of what John and Laura's lives were like after The Deepest Waters book. Their friend, former slave, Micah's youngest daughter Hannah has been sold to a slave owner from the South, who has ulterior motives for buying her because of her beauty. John, Laura, Micah, and Micah’s son, Eli come up with a plan to rescue Hannah. You don’t want to miss this story.

We do hope for more about these characters, Dan.  In the Author’s Notes Dan said that Micah was his favorite character and I have to add an “amen” to that for myself, also. Dan has taken historical fiction to a new level with this book. I read it months ago, forgot to post a review, but now feel Black History Month might be the perfect timing to introduce it to people.

I wish somehow both novels could be combined and made into a movie. Intriguing through and through!

No comments:

Post a Comment