Sunday, June 5, 2011

Everyone should read "The Unfinished Gift."

I haven't been up to date with my blogging as Bill's surgery and just life in general has gotten in the way, but I really wanted to post this about Dan Walsh's book, "The Unfinished Gift."
I guess I would have to say that I literally devoured this book. The little boy, Patrick, in the story is every parent's dream child and the story line and characters really drew you into the world back in 1943. Dan really did some research and I learned a lot about that era that I didn't know.
We have all met someone in our life that reminds us of the grandfather, a man who became bitter instead of better in his old age. Family dysfunction and forgiveness issues are so painful and I could feel the emotions as I read. I had not planned to finish the book so soon into my "fiction vacation" but it was really too hard to put it down. I actually saved the very end for today and finished it right after my quiet time which is not my normal reading time at all. Everyone should read "The Unfinished Gift." It is poignant and heartwarming.
Here is a link to it: http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_7_19?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=the+unfinished+gift&sprefix=the+unfinished+gift

I would also suggest it as a great gift book, especially for Christmas; if you do your shopping early.
Blessings and love to you all:)

Donna Collins Tinsley

No comments:

Post a Comment