Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Different Kind of Father's Day! (An open letter to my husband)

I never wanted it to happen to you, that same pain that I go through, hating Mother's Day, and now when you said "I don't want to celebrate Father's Day," I knew. I knew you had joined me in kindred parent pain. Hating Father's Day is common for many of us who grew up with none or worse than none.

And it's there today. I see it in your eyes, the eyes of pain, of regret, of wishing you could rewind and do it over. You did the best with what you had at the time you were parenting. As a father being too extravagant at times, was the biggest thing that affected your parenting. And because of being in 2 way-dysfunctional families you came to the job with not a good father image to copy. But they still called you a "two-time survivor")
That was then..............this is now.

You are a child of the most High God and worthy.

You are loved by Him and me and even your children,

Maybe not all of them all of the time but most of them most of the time. (Remember the old saying, you can't please everyone all the time?:):)

You are honored to work with guys in recovery and they respect and love you.

You have brothers and sisters who love you.

You have nieces and nephews who love and respect you

You are a teacher in the Body of Christ and have moved in many gifts.

You walk in pain that many do not know about.........yet get up and choose to walk another day. With the kind of weeks we have had lately I would have to say that is nothing short of a miracle!
Did I say that

You are loved?

You are.
By me!

Happy Different Kind of Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment