Monday, June 20, 2011

Pray for Cindy Anthony

There are many of us who pray for Cindy Anthony. She is somebody's mother and grandmother in a very painful position; the dilemma is her own daughter is on trial for the murder of her granddaughter. I would not want to walk a mile in her shoes.

Maybe my burden for Cindy is increased as I, too know the pain of sitting in a courtroom and seeing the daughter I love being brought in wearing bright orange jail clothing, in foot shackles and handcuffs. Thank God, it was only drug related charges which seem small now, compared to what Cindy is going through. I have had many times of thinking my dreams for my daughter would come true and then many times of hope nearly dying. If I was able to talk to Cindy personally I would say, ” God does love you and He will comfort you in the way you need to be able to make it through.” I know that to have to testify against he daughter that you carried in your womb must be the most devastating thing she can imagine going through outside of the death of her granddaughter. It is obvious that the whole family loved and doted on Caylee.

Sometimes we wonder why some stories seem to touch us more than others. The pictures of little Caylee draw us all into a love relationship with this little example of an innocent child. She is pure beauty and the joy of life sparkles from her eyes. If only those eyes could be open right now, if only she could be alive to give voice to the truth.

Many of us also pray for Cindy’s daughter, Casey and especially that she can get past her wounded soul and be honest with her family and the authorities. There are so many things that could’ve contributed to her state of mind but the real truth may only be known to her and God. If she was sexually abused as a child that is a scar that remains for years. I have watched many commentaries and Dr. Drew Pinsky said she does not display the characteristics of deep sexual abuse. But as a sexual abuse survivor myself I know that some people carry a little abuse and it creates deep pain in their life and sometimes someone could be majorly abused and become a true overcomer and role model. I also know that Romans 8:28 reminds us that God works all things for good, even though it is hard to believe.

I recently read about a disorder called NPD or narcissistic personality disorder that seems to be in play here, although bipolar disorder could also contribute to the lack of emotion that Casey displays at court.

John H. Sklare, Ed.D, Lifescript Personal Coach says this about NPD and it seems to fit Casey “…. but I will tell you this: One of the most common problems narcissists have is maintaining close, one-on-one relationships. In short, NPD is characterized by arrogant and manipulative behavior, a lack of empathy for others, selfishness, and a need for constant admiration. It’s for these reasons that it’s very difficult for these people to have normal and healthy relationships with other people.”

Regardless of how any of us feel about Cindy Anthony and Casey Anthony we must all agree that they are “wounded women.”

As a wounded woman, I have a personal trainer and his name is Jesus. He has been my Wonderful Counselor and I believe my wounds led me to God and equipped me to lead others to the Lord. It can dazzle the world to see what the Lord can do with a broken heart restored and healed by the blood of Jesus. Satan would like us to be quiet about our testimony but I stand on the scripture, “They overcame him (Satan) by the blood of the Lamb and by the word of their testimony, they did not love their lives so much as to shrink from death.” (Revelation 12:11) NIV

Part of the healing Jesus brings increases as we reach out to others as He did. He was touched with the feelings of our infirmities. When we are touched by the pain of others we want to point them to a source of comfort. So I ask please join me in praying for the Anthony family and that justice comes for little Caylee.

No comments:

Post a Comment