Thursday, July 7, 2011

I Loved Chasing Sunsets by Eva Marie Everson!

What did I love about Chasing Sunsets? Everything! Having been, at one point of my life, a single mother myself for a time, I could really identify with Kim’s feelings on so many levels. The characters were well described right down to the clothes they wore, the places in Cedar Key were inviting, the beauty described on God’s sunrises and sunsets; awesome!


As I became engaged in the novel I so didn’t want it to end, yet found myself going back to it every chance I had during the day. With two more in the series to come, I am thinking someone should make a movie out of this one.
Faith was intertwined, but real subjects like alcoholism, addiction issues and child custody issues were touched on, also. I loved having someone talk about the denial in families where the disease of alcoholism shows up and the help that is offered by Al-anon and other meetings. It was well researched in every area. I wept, when Kim came face to face with the family secret.
Eva Marie Everson and Revell have taken novel writing to an even higher level than before. I can’t wait for the next one!

Donna Collins Tinsley


http://www.amazon.com/Chasing-Sunsets-Cedar-Key-Novel/dp/080073436X/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1310041870&sr=1-2

No comments:

Post a Comment