Sunday, October 7, 2012

Oklahoma, Jesus is Just Alright With Me and I'm Back:)

It is good to be back in Florida, but I think I am still on Oklahoma time, or still feel like I am on vacation:) We had a great visit with Shiloh and Brian, rode around in a cool car, ate way too much and saw a lot of universities. Now back to reality:)

Shiloh took these pictures of Jesus statue and me which made me think of this song:) I gotta post this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEvy8mROAj0
For some reason I can't get them posted on this blog, but you can try going to my facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/donna.c.tinsley?ref=tn_tnmn


I took Bill back the next day. The praying hands and prayer tower was awesome, too. Going there was a big highlight of our trip besides worshiping with Shiloh and Brian at RHEMA and Shiloh cooking us a really good supper on Saturday night of spaghetti with sausage and meat sauce, salad and garlic bread. The apartment looks great and we are very proud of the newlyweds:)

Shiloh and Brian are attending Bible College at RHEMA; it has been a rocky month as she was hospitalized recently with a septic infection but thanks to the Lord and many prayers she is doing better. They both plan to be in Youth Ministry.
Here is an old devo I wrote some years back about Shiloh:

Rock On, My Daughter


“My heart rejoices in the LORD!

The LORD has made me strong.

Now I have an answer for my enemies;

I rejoice because you rescued me.

No one is holy like the LORD!

There is no one besides you;

there is no Rock like our God.

1 Samuel 2:1-2

We went to our first Aerosmith Rock Concert together, I was 54; we were celebrating her 15th birthday.

She introduced me to Rock music, and the true Rock introduced Himself to her soon after.

I was a child of the fifties and we had Elvis, The Twist, Be-Bop-a-Lula and more. But since I was a mother first in my teens, and then ended up having my last child right before I turned 40 there was a whole lotta shaking going on in the music industry during those years. I was unfamiliar with what was going in music-wise in my youngest daughter, Shiloh's life. Thank God she bypassed the wild punk music and decided she was an 80's rock fan.
Going to that concert together, listening in on her guitar lessons and the relationship that grew between us as she yielded her desires to the Lord has helped me to realize that music is the main gift within her that needs to be cultivated.
Rescued by the Rock, Shiloh is now rocking out for the Lord.



No comments:

Post a Comment