Sunday, October 14, 2012

A morning in the life of someone who wants some quiet time:)


They say or at least a song is titled, "Girls Just Want Have Fun." But not so, with me, I just want some peace and quiet. It always seems like there is a conspiracy to destroy any chance of my having quiet time in the morning. I had already surmised that the animals were taking over the house, when I came down and Willow, Ashley's Weimaraner, was on one couch and Gypsy, the "outdoor" cat on the other. Meanwhile the hissing cat, Scarlette, was at the table where I have my morning devotions set up.

Shooing the dog off the couch and the cat out of my chair, and I must say she didn't go willingly, snarling and hissing while jumping down, I got my Bible and devotional books out. Oh, early morning quiet, coffee and the Lord. All is well.

But the stillness of the morning enhances the pitter patter of Weimaraner feet. Pacing back and forth, back and forth.

"Willow, go to bed!" She pranced off only to come back, pacing. I opened the door to let her out; maybe she needed a potty break.

Well, that didn't take long.

"Willow, go to bed!" She scurried off and then back again. You would have to own a Weimaraner to know how the sound of webbed feet on wooden floors can be totally distracting as they pace. Finally, she laid down beside me. I had my quiet time at last.
It wasn't until I went to the computer later that I found out why Willow didn't pass go, collect $200 or go to bed. There sat Scarlette in all her glory, hissing, snarling and living rent -free in Willow's bed. Sorry, Willow, I guess, you tried. I guess I won't feed you "monkey medicine"* today.

A morning in the life of someone who wants some quiet time:) Or maybe this should be titled "Give me patience and quiet Lord, and give it right now!"

*Monkey medicine is a whole different story of Presley, Shiloh's dog, the Oklahoma trip, and the movie, Rise of the Planet of the Apes 2 . Maybe I'll blog about that one day. Or instead I'll blog about sweet hubby, who after losing 35 pounds, decides to let the beep of the microwave, the opening of the refrigerator, the sound of the stove interrupt my quiet time. At 6:15 this morning, he just had to have the leftover polish sausage, peppers and onions, a hot dog, and pasta salad. He starves himself all week to keep that new trim body, but does his weekend splurge have to start so early in the morning?

OK for a scripture to try to redeem this different kind of blog:

"Many are the afflictions of the righteous, But the LORD delivers him out of them all". Psalm 34:19

And a song by Selah: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4cWQobG6tQ
Hope I have made you smile, today.

No comments:

Post a Comment