Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Remembrance Box For your Mind

A Remembrance Box For your Mind

We live either in the pits or soar above our problems by what we put in our minds. Let us remember to put encouraging things in our Remembrance Box today.

Sometimes the popular song by Brad Paisley and Carrie Underwood, “Remind Me,” goes through my mind. Although it is about reminding each other about their love, I think it can be used to remind ourselves about spiritual blessings. Yes, I am a little bit country and a little bit rock and roll, so when I listen to music, I can always find a message from the Lord and it goes back to remembering when our relationship with Him was new. “Now we keep saying that we're okay

But I don't want to settle for good not great

I miss the way that it felt back then I wanna feel that way again”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gignHcepKfc

Remind me, Lord Jesus, of Your Goodness, new every morning. Remind me of how well you have taken care of me and my family and my extended family. Remind me of love and joy. Remind me that Your hand is over all and in all and that all things are working together for good. Remind me that You are coming back for your bride.
Remind me that You are the God of provision when it seems impossible to believe. Remind me that You do not hold back in love and kindness.
For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
His ways are good even when we can't see for the darkness. His ways are good even when they aren’t our ways. His ways are good through the valley of the shadow of death. His ways are good when we are lonely because He will come to us. His ways are good when we are struggling because He can calm the struggle. His ways are good when our children have abandoned or forsaken us (and Him) or gone astray because He is the mighty shepherd who searches for the lost one. His ways are good in pain as He is the healer. His ways are good when the road is long and the journey seems too hard to travel for he travels with us.

His ways are good we will believe for this year. We can’t create, change or cure but His ways are good and He can. Think on your blessings, as that is the only way to overcome the darkness of this world. He is the light and His ways are good! Remind me, Lord Jesus, Remind me. (Donna Collins Tinsley)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing ...God is so faithful...

    ReplyDelete