Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Out of my Hands and into Yours



At age 60 I am old, but I believe in the wisdom of the aged. Through many painful years part of the strength I have found to press on has been through the Port Orange Winning Women Bible study taught by Anita Smith. Over 21 years ago I had heard about this Bible study and someone had promised to take me to it. But I got so desperate for help and fellowship during this time, I found it by myself. I walked in to that blessed church and had one child holding on to my pants and one in my arms. I sat in the back as my kids weren’t used to going to a nursery. I was so welcomed by Anita Smith and Nancy Cox that day that I knew I had found my home, my tribe. During this time I felt that these women held my arms up as helpers held Mose’s arms during times that his own strength was failing. By prayer and fellowship my battles have been won as I listened to the Word of the Lord and acted on it.
 In the song, “Out of My Hands” by Matthew West we see a true portrayal of letting go and letting God in these situations.

It's out of my hands
It's out of my reach
It's over my head
And it's out of my league
There's too many things
That I don't understand
So it's into your will
And it's out of my hands*

 Yesterday I once again asked for a special prayer request and my much older Bible Study ladies begged with tears and travail that the Lord intervene in my family. My advise to all who read this is find you someone with skin on, that will pray for you. Our online support groups are here for you but never to replace the love and fellowship you find in the Body of Christ.
A prayer and a song is what I offer you today. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4uNWd7_P84

No comments:

Post a Comment