Monday, March 14, 2022

You'll love The Prince and the Prodigal”, the newest novel by Jill Eileen Smith

 The Prince and the Prodigal”, the newest novel by Jill Eileen Smith


 

I loved reading The Prince and the Prodigal”, the newest novel by Jill Eileen Smith. Of course, that may be because this is one of my all-time favorite stories in the Bible.

I was a little thrown off at first, as in my readings, I can’t see that Judah had become a prodigal, but later was able to see where the author was going with the story.

Even knowing the end of the story, I felt myself hoping for the things that would get Joseph out of bed and into his destiny.

“Dysfunctional family are we” could be the name of Jacob’s family. We’ve had crazy stuff in our family, but I came away feeling better, in some ways. But it truly was heartbreaking the story of Judah with Tamar. Their customs surely were strange back then.

It is hard for me to conceive of brothers hating a brother, but I’m sure many families live with this sort of drama daily. Thank God for Joseph’s forgiving heart.

 Although I was given a free book for my review, I was not told how to review it by Revell. I am always happy to review books by Jill Eileen Smith.


No comments:

Post a Comment