Sunday, January 10, 2010

Live Ready

Live Ready

I always tell my children and grandchildren “Live Ready.” What do I mean by that, you may wonder? Live ready to die, always be prepared to meet your Maker as none of us know the day or hour that He will take us home. Live in love and forgiveness as the Lord Jesus loved and forgave us; He gave His life for us on the cross. We have no excuse for not being ready to go to Heaven with Him. Yet, some will say they are afraid if they give their life to Him they will not be free to do the things they want to do, not knowing that they are in bondage to the world. Jesus said, He came to give Life; the enemy of our souls comes to kill, steal and destroy.

Why am I talking about this today? I met a wonderful lady on Wednesday who blessed my family and me mightily with the Spirit of the Lord within her. She lives to proclaim the wonders and miracles of the Lord Jesus. Two days later, I’m told her youngest son committed suicide. What pain for that family, as I believe suicide hurts the ones left behind, even more than the performing the act. I ask for prayers for this dear sister and her family in this time of need. The Lord does say if we believe in Him we will be saved and “our house.” As mothers and fathers, we can trust Him to bring our children in.


I “live ready” because it is the only way to go.

Donna Collins Tinsley

No comments:

Post a Comment